Message #3074

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Snowcrash and Permutation City
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 04:25:46 -0800

You read it in one sitting‽ That’s impressive, especially with some of
the challenging concepts involved. As far as simulations within
simulations, I don’t recall it going very deep, but then as a
programmer, I’m used to increasing computer power allowing for endless
layering of technologies.

Just so this conversation doesn’t go completely off-topic, Egan’s book
"Diaspora" is sort of a follow-up to Permutation City, and involves some
people choosing to modify themselves in order to live in some
higher-dimensional universes, so there seems to be no limit to how deep
this rabbit hole goes!

BTW, I would like to suggest that everyone sign your messages because
Yahoo no longer seems to include the sender’s address. Thanks all!

-Melinda