Message #3058

From: Ray Zhao <thermostatico@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:22:22 -0500

Hi David :3

You’re a 26 year old with a first experience with cubing at 6. What is time?

Even though you didn’t get to make 3^4 algs, you still translated LBL it
seems onto the 3^4, and that’s already something. I think at least half the
people on this group (including me) started with just following through
Roice’s method (solution available on the webpage) for the whole thing.

The method in general seems clear, but I’m not sure how the second
layer/middle reel is solved. Since doing normal 3^3 algs on it moves 3x1
sticks, are the sticks first manually joined on the last layer then
inserted into the right place?

For the last layer, the twist of having to do cube move+twist+cube move
inverse is something I still credit Matthew for first telling me about.
I’ve written the process down on the superliminal wiki under the SZ method,
which is just a translation of the CFOP method into 4D.

Of course, if you’re bored with not finding new algs, then try 3^5. x3
Ray