Message #2957

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: New MagicTile puzzles
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 01:09:24 -0600

I’ve finally added puzzles for the colorings Andrey did, giving new {5,5},
{12,3}, and {12,4} puzzles. Thank you again!

Also, since the "Professor {7,3}" was mentioned recently, I configured a
bunch of Professor slicings and sprinkled them around to puzzles with {3}
vertex figures. Also added the Teraminx, Hemi-Teraminx, and a Tera-KQ, as
well as further slicings for the {8,3} 8C and 10C, which hadn’t been filled
out much before.

After this round of configuring, the total puzzle count went from 672 to
765.

www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2.zip

Also, Melinda made a really good point to me offline. If any of the
remaining unsolved puzzles are just too ugly to be worthwhile (tiny
fragments, overly complicated, etc.), I would appreciate being alerted so
we can remove them. I trust the folks solving so many puzzles much more
than myself on this, so please do send feedback my way if you run across
any that are gross.

Thanks,
Roice

P.S. I wasn’t able to improve the fill-in on Andrey’s colorings (the main
reason I floundered on getting this done), but figure I might as well add
them even though a few are stretching the engine. Hopefully it won’t be a
problem in practice, but if you find the view going crazy, the "reset view"
menu option can fix. Do let me know if you have troubles.