Message #2862

From: mananself@gmail.com
Subject: RE: MPUltimate 1.5
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:09:51 -0800

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the mirror cubes! I’ve been wanting such things for a long time. I like the variations you picked. I spent a little time playing puzzle A. I haven’t found a solution yet, but I’m already loving it.

You mentioned that B and C have a transformation group of 24 elements. So the cells don’t have the full 48 elements of rotation plus reflection. I understand that if a puzzle allows all rotation plus reflection, it will be very similar to MC4D in term of solving except the very end. But do you plan to add it, for the sake of completeness?

A funny thing is that, I looked into my old folder of MPU and saw a macro file called "mirrorcube.dat". I forgot what it was for. It turns out before I made the 3D RefleCube html5 game, I used 4D rotation in MPU to emulate 3D reflection moves. And the macro file was for the emulation.

Nan