Message #2726

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Suggestion
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 14:39:31 -0700

Hello Patrick,

That was ambitious project for a Commodore 64!

There has been some discussion about the simultaneous display of the
puzzles from multiple 4D viewpoints. My guess is that it won’t prove too
useful in practice, but I could easily be wrong. 4D rotations are just
as easy as 3D, so I use it all the time to look for patterns just like
you do with physical puzzles so I don’t feel like I’m missing anything
in that regard.

Just for the pure fun of it, my favorite idea in this way is to place a
4D mirror in the scene so that you can see the back side reflected in
it. Note that a 4D mirror would appear as a 3D box containing 3D
reflections. I really don’t fully grasp what a true analog of a 4D
reflection would look like but I would be very curious to see it in
action. MC4D is open-source so I encourage you to experiment with these
ideas. There are several members on the list who will happily advise you.

Welcome to the 4D cubing community!
-Melinda