Message #2672

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] New solves
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:30:33 -0700

Why first-person and no viewing from outside the maze?

Regarding stereo viewing, color anaglyph will work for most people with
the appropriate glasses. They are easy enough to find but I really hate
anaglyph stereo. I highly recommend learning cross-eyed free viewing. It
is not hard but does take some practice. The trick to getting started is
to first pick out a prominent feature in the image. Then slowly start
crossing your eyes and you will see your feature split into cop copies
in each image, 4 in total. You want to get the middle two ones to
exactly overlap and then concentrate on bringing them into focus. When
you get the focus right the overlapping images will snap into a single
perfect 3D view. The first time it happens, you will get excited and
then lose it almost instantly, but just keep trying and it gets easier.
You may feel some pain at first, especially when you don’t have your
head perfectly aligned vertically with the screen, but in time it
becomes very comfortable. I could easily watch a movie this way now.
Here are some you can practice on:
http://zour.deviantart.com/art/Idyll-3D-Cross-eyed-stereo-78563645

-Melinda