Message #2612

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MagicTile Solving
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:59:26 -0600

On the parity issue, I don’t know the solution, but I have a few thoughts:

I look forward to hearing the actual solution.

Roice

P.S. I agree with Melinda about what counts as a solve. Proving you can
solve a puzzle is definitely worthwhile too, even if you don’t carry out
all the motions. This was enough for me on the 120-cell, for instance :)
But it seems like the wiki list should be reserved for actual solves. And
in any case, it sounds like this puzzle is still unsolved from either
perspective.