Message #2571

From: Eduard <ed.baumann@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: MagicTile Solving
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:15:32 -0000

You are perfectly right. The fact ist very remarkable.
"Have you remembered faces colors before shuffle?" Yes I worked together with a unscrambled Run. But this is not sufficient. You have absolutely no clue for the 6 60° rotations of the whole. The strategy must be: do the edges and centers first (with about 1000 twists). See the parity. With 50% chance it’s ok. If not do such a 60° turn of the whole by twists! Then only finish the puzzle with about 20’000 twists.
Because I have already done my 15’000 twists I will finish without reparing the parity and put this "near solve" on wiki.

Alternatively you can immediately place the the 6 edges with white immediately after the scrambling with the unscrambled run in view … and this without loosing the 60°-orientation of the whole.