Message #2512

From: Eduard Baumann <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: MagicTile Solving
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 21:11:15 +0100

okay

—– Original Message —–
From: schuma
To: 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 6:20 PM
Subject: [MC4D] Re: MagicTile Solving

Hi Ed,

I didn’t realize GB 1.2.11 is also this puzzle. Thanks for pointing it out.

I feel reluctant to include GB solves in the MagicTile wiki page. Many Magic Tile puzzles overlap with existing puzzles, for example, the Rubik’s Cube or Megaminx. Since it’s impossible to include the records of all the solves of these puzzles, we have to draw the line somewhere. If I import my solves on GB, what about the other solvers of GB? It seems unfair for them if I don’t it for them.

I guess "solved on MagicTile but not other software" is a good criterion for now. A particular reason is that, R2 (180 deg turn of the Right face) is counted as two turns in MagicTile and one turn in GB. So the move counts are not directly comparable.

Nan