Message #2505

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MagicTile Solving
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 13:19:33 -0600

Wow, that is cool! I don’t think I would have ever noticed that, so thank
your for sharing it Matt :D

It’s wild that all *eight* 1C stickers on a face can be considered the same
piece, which is more evident if you do a full scramble. Also surprising is
that when looking at the F0:2:0 as a 3x3x3, you have to twist a face by
clicking its opposite. And since a twist changes the location of other
faces in the plane, mapping my cube 3-cycle to this puzzle threw me for a
loop or two. Love it!

I’d like to read your report when you finish, if you are inclined to share
it.

Take Care,
Roice

P.S. Here is a link to a twistypuzzles thread with {8,3} pics, which I
think is the one you mention…
http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20697