Message #2452

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MagicTile Solving
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:52:26 -0700

Ah, I missed the ‘6’, thank you for the correction. This is one of the 3
IRPs that are as perfectly symmetric as the Platonic solids in every
way. It is also the IRP twin of the original Rubik’s cube. I would still
like to know why Nan’s solution is so much shorter.

I also do not understand why you see the IRP 4-5 b30 f001 as a warm-up
exercise to the IRP {4,5} a30 F 0:0:1. True they both have 30 colors and
genus 4, but they have different symmetries which I would guess would
make the ‘a’ puzzle the simpler of the two.

-Melinda