Message #2432

From: Eduard Baumann <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] I’m solving the 600-cell
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:48:29 +0200

Great work !

—– Original Message —–
From: schuma
To: 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:40 AM
Subject: [MC4D] I’m solving the 600-cell

Hi guys,

Since last weekend I’ve been solving the 600-cell using MPUlt. Of course I’m solving the "simplified" version with about 2,000 pieces, but not the full version with over 200,000 pieces.

Now I’ve spent 21+ hours, and have solved all the 1200 2C face pieces. Then I need to deal with 720 5C edges, and 120 corner pieces. In terms of number of pieces it sounds easier than the 120-cell. But visually this puzzle is, I would say, more complicated. Because in the 120-cell, you basically see 120 things, whereas here you see 600 things. Because of this difference, I’m taking a different approach of moving the pieces around. This method is working well so far.

I posted a screenshot here: