Message #2276

From: vasily3 <vasily@gatech.edu>
Subject: Front-facing cells unculled
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:29:46 -0000

Hi all,

I’m new and uninitiated, but just for fun I decided to dive right into the code and try to make some insignificant little tweaks to get familiar. I ended up adding a couple of checkboxes to make the "front-facing" (and "back-facing") cell culling optional, the result being that you can see e.g. all eight sides of the hypercube if you just pull them apart enough in the 3D projection:

http://youtu.be/VgyWKzAfy3U

This might make some of the puzzles more accessible, but might also obscure/clutter the view for many others. Amusingly, the "front-facing" cells appear to rotate opposite the rest of the puzzle & mouse gestures.

(Of course I haven’t merged any of these changes up into the official source tree, I’m just playing with a local copy at home.)

Very excited about the possibility of (glasses-free) stereo view also!

Cheers everyone,