Message #2228

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: When are puzzles solved? Opinions?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:03:31 -0500

Saving color settings to the log files is a good thought, because the
nature of puzzles will change with different color settings. So I could
plan to do that if we decide we want this change.

aside: Even if we didn’t save colors to the log file, the "internal" state
of the puzzle will be the same in the log file (it will record color
indexes, not color values). So given a solution log from a trivial puzzle
(made when all colors were set to be the same), you would see that it
wasn’t pristine with colors set to the defaults. What I was planning only
affects when the user hears the "beep" that a puzzle is solved.

Roice