Message #2210

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MagicTile solving
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 04:21:03 -0000

But you don’t need 4D senses to look inside the classic Rubik’s cube - screwdriver works better for it. So for 3^4 mechanism it’s enough to have powerful 4D viewer (to visualize and investigate non-convex bodies) or good 4D imagination (it a question of couple of months to develop it for a short time).
But I see a problem with physical implementation of 3^4. Consider two cells A and B with common ridge Q. You can rotate any of these cells around the axis going throwgh the center of Q (90 deg twists). And these twists have exactly the same plane of 4D rotation: it’s plane containing centers of cube, of A and of B. So if we take block 3x3x1x1 at the ridge Q, its points will have the same physical movements in both twists. I afraid that it will allow you to twist just Q without moving of the rest of A and B cells - that is not a model that we use to play with.

Andrey