Message #2139

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Faulty Logic Counting States for 4D Center-Edge Cubies
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 13:44:37 -0500

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM, David Vanderschel wrote:

> If a more rigorous argument has been presented somewhere,
> I would appreciate learning about it.

The following paper has shown up on our list a number of times. They
derive permutation counts for all piece types, so it should be relevant.

http://udel.edu/~tomkeane/RubikTesseract.pdf
Also, David Smith has put a lot of thought into this topic, and I think his
writings are valuable. The links in some of our archive emails appear
broken, but this one works:

http://seti.weebly.com/channel.html

In particular, have a look at the one titled "A Paper Which Derives a
4-Dimensional Rubik’s Cube Permutation Formula", section 4, "The 3^4 Cube".

I hope this is useful information, as far as collecting arguments with the
end goal of more rigor.

Roice