Message #2046

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 4D-interactive puzzles in MagicTile
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:03:52 -0000

Roice,
New puzzles are beautiful! It’s very nice to see these sceletons of our familiar 4D bodies and wander around them :)
I solved only one puzzle so far - bitruncated simplex (my favorite polytope :) ) in F:0:0:1 slicing. It was not very easy, and one of main problems is that twising rotation depends on side of face that you click: if you see one side, face twists clockwise, but if you go to the other side and make the same click, it twists counterclockwise. I think that it’s not difficult to fix.
This puzzle has a kind of "global non-orientability": if you have wrong oriented edge, you can’t reorient it by moving around the vertex, you have to make a loop around a tube. I guess that same effects will be in 5x5 and 7x7 duoprisms (that are actually just another implementations of planar tori :) )

Thank you for these puzzles!

Andrey