Message #1998

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Magic Cube 5D
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:34:55 -0600

Hi Brandon,

Unfortunately, we don’t have an MC5D guide like we do for MC4D. Specific
questions would be helpful, say if you are stuck figuring out a sequence
for 5C pieces. Or maybe you’d like to hear an overall solution approach?
Or maybe you’d just like to know what you are looking at when the program
starts up? Let us know.

In the mean time, I did a search of our group archives, and found a message
describing surprises I encountered when I did my first MC5D solve. Towards
the end, there is an explanation of how to construct 3-cycle sequences
for the various piece types. Maybe it can be of some use.

I’ve also uploaded the macros referenced in that message, and put them
here<http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/files/MC5D/roice/>
.

Hope this helps get you going a little,
Roice