Message #1924

From: schuma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: yet more new puzzles and a prize
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 07:37:53 -0000

— In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, Roice Nelson <roice3@…> wrote:
> I know for me, it feels more pure to not have too much help from the
> software features. In the early days of MC4D, especially when going for
> shortest solves, I used to write my setup moves down on paper!

I totally agree. solving with or without aids are two different games. This is also why I hesitated a lot before I sent the previous post about computer aids. They change the nature of a puzzle. I don’t know if solutions with aids deserve your initial grand prize or not. But in either way, whenever a solution is very long, my feeling is basically the same: I start to question the meaning of doing it.

Anyway, thank you for making these features. Having the option to use aids is definitely better than not having it.

Nan