Message #1922

From: schuma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: yet more new puzzles and a prize
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 05:02:44 -0000

Roice, thanks. Are you also planning on adding the piece finding function?

This afternoon I took a look at the FT and found that all necessary algorithms were not very long. After solving the ET, I think solving FT in the current version is possible, although not easy. It’ll be another 20 hours of switching colors, comparing a scrambled puzzle with a solved one, finding tiny pieces and keeping track of complicated setup moves. Not much different from ET, but possibly harder. But I haven’t got the determination to try it, yet. I don’t know if I should try it or not. Actually without trying, one cannot tell if, for example, setup, is easy or hard.

Of course, with macros and even piece-finding, the solution will be much easier. If Andrey’s "automatic undo-setup" function is there, it will be even better.

Nan