Message #1902

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: {7,3} vertex and edge turning puzzles
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:16:49 -0600

Hi Nan,

If you download the
latest<http://www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2_Preview.zip>,
you’ll now see vertex and edge turning versions of the {7,3}. They are quite
beautiful<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/photos/album/1694853720/pic/104211987/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>when
scrambled.

I picked depths that felt like a nice balance, but they can be changed. I
made the ET slightly deeper than I did for the {3,7}. It seemed better to
do so in this case. I wonder if the {7,3} ET will also have some
intriguing piece orbits, like you observed on the {3,7}.

If you are interested in a more detailed write up on how to edit slicing
circles and their depths, let me know. It requires hand editing the puzzle
config files, but the format is pretty simple. It is based on discussion
we had in the past - you can enter depths as multiples of
incircles/circumcircles/edge lengths, or you can enter them as an absolute
distance.

In any case, I am happy to configure files for any puzzles you describe,
assuming MagicTile can support them.

Roice

P.S. This version also removes the duplicate color you found in the
default settings. Thanks for noticing that :)