Message #1895

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: yet more new puzzles and a prize
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:58:45 -0500

Middle-mouse drag will do a rotation for you (or on a laptop, left+right
drag at the same time).

I find the noncommutative panning in spherical/hyperbolic spaces really
neat too (doesn’t happen for Euclidean space, so middle-mouse control is
required there). The code for Don’s hyperbolic tesselations
applet<http://www.plunk.org/~hatch/HyperbolicApplet/>was super helpful
in understanding and implementing this. Internally, you
can see he played with a few different motion models, some of which
anti-precess rather than precess! That is, dragging clockwise results in a
counterclockwise rotation of the space. I found that I liked the one he
settled on for his applet the best too, though it’d be nice to add in some
of the others as an option.

seeya,
Roice