Message #1893

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: yet more new puzzles and a prize
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 12:46:22 -0500

About hidden global orientation of the ET {3,7} and other puzzles, the
"reset view" feature of the program allows the user to cheat on this.
First note the unscrambled colors with a reset view - white triangle is in
the center, blue to the left of it, etc. Then if you begin your solve with
a reset view as well, you can safely start solving the white to the center,
blue to the left, and so on. This cheat helps a little in that you can
observe the pattern of colors rather than having to deduce it.

Thank you for the observations on these puzzles. I thought they’d be
difficult, but I must say I didn’t realize how difficult when I made the
challenge! I will start thinking some about how to do macros and piece
finding. Macros should be interesting, in particular figuring out how the
user will specify the relative position/orientation to apply them
arbitrarily in the hyperbolic plane.

Cheers,
Roice