Message #1814

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: God’s Number for n^3 cubes.
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:34:04 -0500

Very interesting that the asymptotics change if you use macros or not.

Parallelization may also change the balancing point, since the 4/5 point is
currently contingent on our assumption of 2^k sequences. Presumably, we may
instead have another expression for sequence length as a function of piece
type, and some other piece will then dominate. Can one make an
argument that the final point will live somewhere within this (2/3,4/5)
interval? As long as the difficult of solving pieces increases with k, it
seems safe to claim that will be the case.

Roice