Message #1717

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: yet more new puzzles and a prize
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:24:24 -0500

Thank you Ed, Nan, and Matt for the problem reports.

I had done all my debugging on my Win7 system, and it appears there were
some things that XP and older versions of OpenGL did not like. Sorry!

I did have an XP machine though, so I was able to fix what was causing
issues (at least for my XP system), and I have replaced the contents in the
zip file with the newer build. This fixes a startup issue related to XP not
handling the format of my program icon. It also uses OpenGL extensions,
where I was previously calling some OpenGL 3.0 methods, and this should
allow older OpenGL versions to work. If your version is old enough as to
not support the extension, the program will now provide a UI message for
this (unfortunately, that means you’ll be out of luck in running things).

www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2_5-14-11.zip

For anyone who may still have issues, please email privately (
roice@gravitation3d.com), so we don’t burden the group. I can collate the
feedback, and email out if another version with fixes is made.

Thanks!
Roice