Message #1574

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Reorganizing the various halls of fame?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:45:23 -0700

In principle it sounds fine to me though there are a couple of
consequences. Right now only the records for shortest involve a single
solution that everyone can examine to detect cheating, etc. Your way
requires that all log files need to be published and more importantly,
it requires more work from all solvers who are beaten to assure it was
done legitimately. If nobody objects, then this is fine with me. I just
don’t want to maintain the list for the cube.

Maybe the entire official HOF should also be moved to the wiki? That
would certainly be the easiest for me! :-) If we do that, I will still
volunteer to police the cube solutions for cheating, just not for any
shortest records other than new solvers or for shortest records other
than the top for each size. Opinions anyone?

-Melinda