Message #1348

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MC4D] Re: Other 4D puzzles
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:06:00 -0000

So shallow-cut 24-cell will have 57 stickers in one cell, and 16-cell will have 25 stickers (4 corners, 4 sub-corners, 6 edges, 6 sub-edges, 4 faces and 1 center). I’m not sure if sub-corners and sub-edges will be 1C stickers or parts of some multisticker piece. In the first case we may want to have more complicated painting than "one color per face" to make it "super-16-cell" :)
Hypercube with diagonal cuts may be the simplest puzzle (by structure, not by implementation of difficulty). It’s almost equivalent to two-layer 16-cell with cell-centered cutting, right? (I prefer "cell-, face-, edge- and vertex-centered" term. Or better, "3D-, 2D-, 1D- and 0D-centered" - we can’t use terms like 4C in these puzzles).
I wonder, what will be structure of cuts of shallow cell-centered cutting of 600-cell. Looks like ther will be 4 different types of vertex-incidence-induced cuttings, and one tetrahedron will be crossed by 56 planes. _That_ will be difficult.

Andrey