Message #1299

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 5D Pacman v 0.1
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:49:17 -0600

Very cool :D

On the higher dimensional gaming front, I thought I’d mention that Jesse
Ziser did a version of minesweeper that works in arbitrary dimension. You
can play it directly on a web browser (and on some phones) at:

http://www.gravitation3d.com/xezlec/

I think he might be a member of our group, but I know he lives in Austin
because we got together last year to geek out on this stuff :) The higher
dimensions can definitely bring some interesting effects to these grid-based
games!

I like the transparency of your pacman5d configuration files, since it seems
people could perhaps create custom levels. Myself, I’d be interested to see
levels that were a progression through dimension of a simple lattice with,
say, three n-dimensional cubes per side. Then the effects of dimension
could be studied (e.g. by changing only dimension, how would one set the
number of enemies to keep the difficulty roughly constant?)

All the best,
Roice