Message #1295

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 8Colors solved
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:19:31 -0000

Melinda,
Thank you very much for your words. Yes, it’s difficult to find something familiar in this H3 world, so for 8C I took the most simple way: I worked only in contiguous-cubies mode, and most twists were of one face and of "opposite" faces - only around 2C stickers adjacent to the first face. There was easy to build 6-twists macro for 3-loop of 3C, 14-twists for the pair of 4C transpositions (like 3^3 (FRF’R’)^3 operation) and 30-twists for rotation of two 4Cs (hmm… it could be 14-twist? need to check). Everything went smoothly and I was very surprised when twist counter showed 1400 twists, then 2300, 3300…

To create puzzle that I can’t solve? I think it’s easy. You see, even simplest 4D douprizms are too hard for me now :) So something deep-cut and 4D easily may be out of my reach…

BTW, next game will probably be 5D Pacman - just for fun and to take a rest of puzzles :) I think that I see good interface for it.

Yes, some stickers are not animated. It happens if there is no 2C sticker connected to the moving face. Unfortunately, mathematics in the geometry part is not as elegant as I hoped, so some internal navigation in data structures is almost impossible witout risk of serious bugs in the code.

As for the wish list:

I’ll add to the list such feature as the checkbox "reverse twist direction" (very useful when you work in contiguous-cubies mode) and something that helps to see 3C cubies that are hidden below 4C. May be it will be mask "show/hide stickers of particular type" or just a flag/bar "shrink corners".

Andrey