Message #1215

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MHT633 v0.1 uploaded
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:38:57 -0500

Interesting. That would be definitely be cool, though it might wreak havoc
on my code with special casing. E.g., the function that calculates the
rotation of a face based on the number of sides of the polygon would break
down. I think my simple algorithm to find the coloring pattern might too,
etc. I’ll add it to my running list of items to look into though. (I
haven’t worked on improving MagicTile as much as I hoped, but I have made
some changes towards supporting tilings of general {p,q} instead of just
{p,3}. Things still need further work though.)

By the way, please disregard the mistake at the end of my last email. When
I wrote "And in any case, it does feel like the half-space view is the best
choice for ease of working with the puzzle." I meant "*the real view you did
* is the best choice…". A half-space model representation would be cool
as well of course, in addition to a Poincare model view :)

seeya,
Roice