Message #1211

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MHT633 v0.1 uploaded
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:09:03 -0000

Roice,
Funny thing about the projection - that it’s not the model! It’s real view of H3 from inside, central projections of points to the almost planar sensor of the small camera. So it was not me who selected the shape and angles of infinite polyhedra, it’s their real images (unless you use FishEye slider).
I thought that we’ll see more of the surface is we’ll take a look from large distance, but it looks like not the case. And I almost know why :)
In the Poincaré models (both half-plane and disk) cells are going by spheres that are tangent to the boundary plane/sphere of the model.

Andrey