Message #1104

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 2^4 macro stickers
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:32:52 -0500

The problem with the macros is likely that the reference clicks are facet
based on the 2^4 (just like the twists are), rather than being sticker
based. So you can still make and use macros on the 2^4 right now, but you
have to be careful to remember where on the facets you clicked. This is
definitely confusing, and I had entered it as issue
49<http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/issues/detail?id=49> last
year. I suppose one could make the case that the reference clicks and
twisting clicks should be the same for a puzzle in this sense, but probably
it should just be switched to have the reference clicks always be sticker
based…

Roice

P.S. deustfrr, hold down shift while hovering over a sticker in MC5D to see
all the stickers which are on the same piece.

P.P.S. P.S. stands for postscript <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postscript>
.