Message #1086

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] edge algorithms
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:57:40 -0000

— In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Deschamps <anthony.j.deschamps@…> wrote:

> As you move into higher dimensions, your algorithms will become a lot
> longer, but they’re still based on the same concepts. If you write some
> macros and use those to build more complex macros, then most problems become
> a matter of a few set up moves, applying the macro, and then those set up
> moves in reverse. Don’t worry, the transition from 4D to 5D is much easier
> than the transition from 3D to 4D.

I’m not sure in that. When I went from 3D to 4D, I converted "positional" algorithms for 3D (moving or rotating 2 or 3 pieces, leaving the rest in place) to layer-by-layer algorithm in 4D - and for positioning of 2C of the last layer I had to use operation that moves 6 pieces at once (two 3-cycles). It was difficult but possible. But as a result, I have no "positional" operations for 4D and there’s nothing to use for solving of 4^5 :)