Message #1010

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Sub-100K for 3^7
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:57:44 -0500

duestfrr wrote:

> Check out a vid of translucent 4D cubes made on paint here!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_P3OTHGhw

Thanks for the link. I’ve been fascinated in the past with the idea of
using transparency for an MC4D interface (to somehow allow it to be less
exploded but still workable). Early in 2009, I played around with POV-Ray a
little to make some renderings of what things might look like, but didn’t
share them at the time. Ray tracing isn’t currently a "real-time" rendering
method, plus I didn’t find the visual usability I was looking for, but they
are pretty to look at anyway. Since you posted this, I just uploaded a few
pics to the group photo area, in case anyone would like to check them out…