Message #998

From: Chris Locke <project.eutopia@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Sub-100K for 3^7
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:01:14 +0900

Congratulations, Andrey! You have once again raised the bar in a community
already infamous for taking things to extremes! Not only that, but you did
so skipping a dimension entirely, and wrote the program that allowed you to
do so!

Also, in regards the that simplex-3, I agree that for me too it is a very
difficult puzzle. The symmetries of the standard 4D cube make it easy
enough to get some familiarity with the twists and it’s large enough that
the amount of interconnectedness is relatively small, but with the simplex
it’s just so tightly compact that my method of piece by piece solving using
macros is completely useless!

Well, congrats again! This last year has been a flurry of activity in the
community. From the new MC4D puzzles, to the MC2D hyperbolic puzzles, to
the MC7D puzzles you’ve provided us, it has been quite exciting to see what
is possible! Does any one have any predictions on what will end up being
the next step forward? 5D simplex? 5D duoprism-ish shapes (like maybe
{4,3}x{5})? Hyperbolic 4D puzzles? Fractal puzzles?

Chris