Message #991

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MC4D] Re: Sub-100K for 3^7
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:14:41 -0000

Matt, Anthony, deustfrr
Thank you for congratulations!
Actually 3^N appears not difficult but very boring. I found macro set that doesn’t requires search for particular cube, you only need to find a place for the cube and move it (place ;) ) to certain position and orientation. And (more difficult) sometimes you should find any cube (of the given rank) that is in wrong position (in some sense).
I see what should be done to the program more: - to highlight all stickers of the given color(s) and to lock some face (in 3 click mode) if you are going to make several twists of it. Both features seem to be very useful, at least for my method :)

Some words how I solved it:

Something like that. But when during 7C stage I found some misplaced 6C cubies it was not very pleasant…