Message #961

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Checkerboard
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:54:44 -0700

Hello deustfrr,

You perform 180 degree twists by clicking on the edge pieces. These are
the ones that look like the 2-colored pieces on the normal 3D Rubik’s
cube. To perform twists on the invisible "outer" face you can either
first rotate it into view by ctrl-clicking anywhere on one of the
non-center faces, or you can hold down the ‘3’ key while clicking a
sticker of its opposite face, in this case the inner-most one.

You may find that second method to be useful for twisting of all face
pairs in a consistent way by clicking twice on just one of each pair,
once normally and once with the ‘3’ key. An even faster method might be
to hold the ‘2’ key instead to twist just the middle slice which will
cut your twist count in half. Even without that, the current record for
a 3^4 checkerboard is 24 twists so an 8 twist method would be quite an
improvement!

Welcome to the 3D cubing group,
-Melinda