Message #929

From: matthewsheerin <damienturtle@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MC7D v0.1
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:51:37 -0000

I’m pretty happy about the twist features too. In MC5D I relied heavily on commutators to make algorithms. I used the macro feature back then for setup moves too: record the setup moves as a macro, perform the necessary algorithm, then run setup macro in reverse. Your feature is then a stroke of genius, as only minimal effort is required to perform commutators and undo setup moves (as an aside, I believe ABinv(A) is called a conjugate). The piece highlight feature is unusual, but it could be a pretty good way to implement piece finding. I won’t know for certain how good it is until I properly use it, but it looks very promising. Personally I would keep the option to hide 1C pieces. I do see your point Anthony, but I always like to have the option.

I found a bug in the macros feature, it seemed to mess up the twist count for me, although that isn’t a huge problem.

A great improvement over the last version, keep it up! :)

Matt