Message #917

From: Anthony Deschamps <anthony.j.deschamps@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MC7D v0.01
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:54:31 -0400

It runs on my desktop, and pretty smoothly for a computer that’s going on 10
years. It starts to lag when try things like the 5^7, but that’s no issue
to me (yet).

I don’t intend to attempt a solve with the current version (obviously you
could guess, given that it’s titled v0.01). I like the ability to right
click and show all the stickers belonging to that piece. I’m not sure how I
feel about splitting up the stickers from fifth dimension and on, but I
expect that it will make sense after working with it for a while. I think
it’ll turn out to be better than in MC5D where faces overlap each other.
That worked fine in 5D, but for more dimensions, this method feels more
organized.

Of course some animation would help greatly, but that’s already been
mentioned and I know it would involve a great deal of work.

Great work! I’m sure this will keep many people occupied into the wee hours
of the morning!