Message #911

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Guess what is it :)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:45:56 -0000

No, 6D is not missed - it can be selected as an option in the menu (honestly, I didn’t try it - I tested program only in 5D and in 7D). 7D is just more symmetrical and gives better pictures.
Go to 8D and more is more difficult, but still possible: it requires next level of the fractal structure (replace every sticker of 3^7 to the sandwich of 5 stickers, and you’ll get 3^8, but I don’t know how to describe to visible part of its surface).
Numbers look to be correct, but 10206 is the number of stickers visible in 7D (that is, potentially visible in the model). Actual number of stickers in the screen is… 15309 (because most small sticker appear more than once). It’s difficult to calculate the number of different visible stickers - 6D geometry is not very easy thing to work with it.
5^7 has 75384 moving parts, 218750 visible in 7D stickers and 240625 stickers in the screen (I thought that there will be more).

Andrey