Message #890

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Sub-1000 for 4^4
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 11:10:44 -0700

Very impressive, Andrey! It was just a few days ago that I mentioned to
you that I’d love to see a sub-1000 twist 4^4 solution and today you
give us one. This is certainly a landmark achievement. It feels to me
that we are now seeing something like the true difficulty of n^4
solutions using certain methods. Of course you are using a rather new
approach which I’m sure everyone on this list will be interested to hear
about. I bet that several members will quickly figure out which puzzles
it can be applied to and maybe we’ll see a few more broken records
before too long. Thank you for developing new methods and
congratulations on your landmark record.

-Melinda