Message #875

From: "thesamer@interia.pl" <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 3^4 news
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:13:09 +0200

Great job Matthew!

I’ve looked on your solution: awesome start and later handling of the
solved parts.

Updated: http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~rdurka/rubik/hallofshortest/

Please correct me if I’m wrong:

People who broke 500 twists barrier on 3^4:
-Mattew Sheerin, Roice Nelson, Audrey Astrelin, Klaus Weidinger, me and
I believe there was somebody else
People who broke 400 twists barrier on 3^4:
-Mattew, Roice, Remi

251 barier is damn low… I think Roice has reached limit of his method
(so am I) but now Matthew provided a proof of new method so we will
see how much we can learn from it :)
Roice if you want to try a new record from the very beginning I propose
to use Matthew’s scramble. That will be fun to see how much close we can
be in distinct solutions.

All the best,

** <http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/User:Klaus#333-2-4>

Melinda Green pisze:

> I can confirm that Matthew has indeed submitted a 251 twist solution
> today. If anyone else is sitting on a shorter solution I encourage you
> to dust it off and send it in. Also, if you think you might be able to
> break that record, I suggest that you do it soon so that you can hold
> the record for a little while at least. Even when it is in tern broken,
> it will still live on in Remi’s Hall-of-Shortests
> (http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~rdurka/rubik/hallofshortest/
> <http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/%7Erdurka/rubik/hallofshortest/>)
>
> Congratulations Matthew! You may know what you’ll be doing tomorrow, but
> I can also guess what Roice might do too. :-)
>
> -Melinda
>
> matthewsheerin wrote:
> > Hi everyone,

> felt I should update that information, I have been sitting on this for
> too long anyway. At the end of November last year I finished trying to
> beat Roice’s 298 twist record. End of story? Not quite. When I reached
> the start of the last stage of the solve I thought I had already done
> enough to claim the title and spent little time optimising the last
> stage. Record sitting at 282 twists so far, but I wasn’t finished.
> However motivation started to slip a little at this point and I only
> spent a little bit of time here and there working on the solution.
> > One day out of nowhere I decided to tackle it again. The last step
> of the solve is effectively a 3x3x3, so I worked on the solution on
> the train and found a good solution on the return journey from
> university (first year exams soon!), maybe 33 moves but I’m not sure
> on that. Transferred that solution into MC4D, and with a bit of
> effort, knocked the move count down to 251. End of. Er … no
> actually. Our old friend parity paid a visit at the end, adding around
> 20 moves to the solution (I believe this particular parity has been
> mentioned here by Klaus and I posted a solution). That was the story
> at the end of February, and motivation had disappeared for a while. I
> have a funny feeling I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow though …
> >
> > As they say, watch this space.
> >
> > Matthew

Kup wlasne mieszkanie za 72 tys. zl.
Sprawdz najlepsze oferty >>> http://linkint.pl/f26c8