Message #806

From: kygron <kygron@yahoo.com>
Subject: 5D interface
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:58:50 -0000

Hi,

I said a while ago that I would critic the 5D interface, apparently I wanted to do more than I am willing, so I’m writing the quick form here and you can ask questions if I’m unclear.

My problem is one of attention. There’s too many things on screen to attend to all of them at once. (I know, that’s the point, but…) There IS a way to change the interface to help with this, while still maintaining the essence of the puzzle.

When I started the puzzle, I picked a (5)face, got a picture in my mind of how it looked, clicked a few cubies, and…. nothing happened! Sure, the thing rotated, but all the cubies stayed in the same relative positions to each other. I would have had to look elsewhere to see the manipulations I caused.

Change it so that clicking a face alters the cubies in that face and you’ll get alot more people able to enjoy manipulating your puzzle.

Hope that helps