Message #804

From: Don Hatch <hatch@plunk.org>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Dimensionality Notation and Other Cubing Terminology
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:07:07 -0500

Hi David,
Just a couple of small points in all of this…
You propose the new term "hypoface" for a sub-2-cube…
It makes sense (as does the discussion of "hypo" and "super"),
but I feel like this new term is unnecessary
since facet,ridge,peak are (fairly) standard
and clear unambiguous terms for the sub-1,2,3-cube respectively…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytope
(and see the links at the bottom)
And, I’d definitely stay away from using "face" to mean sub-1-cube
(or anything else if possible)…
"face" is so traditionally overloaded that it will always be confusing,
and we have the very clear term "facet" which can be used instead
to mean sub-1-cube.
Don