Message #788

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Announcing MagicCube4D version 4.0!
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:23:01 -0800

Dear Cubists,

It’s official. Revision 164 is now the official puzzle download from the
main MC4D web page <http://superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm>!

Thank you all so much for all of your help as we worked our way through
this major upgrade to our favorite puzzle. As one last quality test,
please check out the page above and make sure that

  1. It appears well formatted in your favorite browsers
  2. The text makes sense and has no typos
  3. You can download the new puzzle via the form button
  4. The resulting download appears to run correctly

You can report any problems directly to me and I’ll take care of them
right away.

Thanks also everyone else on this list for your attention, and patience.
I don’t think that we lost a single subscriber through the process, so I
take it that you’re all very interested even if you never post. Still,
it may be trying some times to get such a high message volume from a
normally low-traffic list. I’m sure that things will go back to normal
eventually. In the meantime, remember that you can change your email
preferences to get daily digest versions or even opt to only read
messages on-line
<http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/messages> when you feel
like it.

Of course we hope that you’ll stay engaged and perhaps even get more
involved by participating in the discussion, solving puzzles, editing
the wiki, and promoting the puzzle. Once it appears that the new version
is solid and the web pages are reasonably functional, please tell your
friends and add links in your blogs and to the comments sections of
other related sites.

Most of all we just hope that you enjoy this new upgrade as much as we
do. Happy puzzling!