Message #705

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 3^4 parity problems
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:55:59 -0700

Klaus,

The new version will actually allow for an infinite number of different
puzzles but that set will not include the 16, 24, or 600 cell in the
first version. ;-)
It will however include the 120 cell but without the needed piece-finder
included in Roice’s specialized app. We definitely do plan to include
the piece finder as well as more puzzles because sometimes infinity is
not enough! The puzzle-generation code is Don’s brain child and is
obviously an amazing piece of work. I’m sure that everyone will be quite
happy with this once we shake out the bugs. Actually it’s fairly solid
now but so far we’ve only tested on Windows and haven’t put it to
real-world use solving full scrambles. That’s where you guys come in. :-)

Stay tuned!
-Melinda