Message #619

From: David Smith <djs314djs314@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Magic Cube 6^5 Solved
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:43:25 -0000

Congratulations!! 1.9 million twists - incredible!

Also, great to hear about your solution to the m^n puzzle; I’m
definitely interested in hearing more about it. About parity errors,
forgive my ignorance, but I’m not even certain what counts as a
parity error when solving a cube. I know the basic idea is
correcting the parity of pieces, but I believe that could apply
to the corners on a 4D cube, which obviously do not count, so I’m not
sure. I am certain you are correct in your assertion though given
the fact that you are typing up a solution! If you want, I could
send you information on all of the orientation possibilities on
an m^n cube, but it sounds like you’ve got that covered.

Once again, great job on solving this puzzle! And thanks for your
appreciation of my formulas and your description of the n^5 one as
frightening! :) Your solution is a great achievement and
contribution.

David