Message #577

From: Remigiusz Durka <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] A new record for the 5^4 checkerboard! Sorry Remi!
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:33:29 +0200

Hello Mark!

I’ll start by saying someting funny: Today again I got the proof that I have some special gift. From nowhere I just typed link to my page with the shortest solutions in classical solves (http://genezis.autko.net/hypercube/shortest/hallofshort.htm) and something push me to check if there are some changes on superliminal page… And Bamm! I lost one of my records. I looked on date and there was today’s date!

I just checked the email to find your post :) First the all: CONGRATULATIONS! After beating my record in 3^4 I spend some time analysing your solution and I hadn’t found much joy in only slightly improving your solution (It’s funny that you say that you learn it how to improve your solution analysing my previous solutions).

I’ve tried to implement my final result from 3^4 to 5^4 but I failed… (I’ve tried for at least one week so I spend some time on it…)

It’s harder and harder to find time for solving hypercubes. I still try from time to time to put some pieces on shortest 3^4 (but, to keep Roice calm, it’s not going so well I hoped).Congratulation again. Keep hypersolving.

All teh best,
RemiQ