Message #554

From: lucas_awad <lucasawad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Something interesting and strange about permutations
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:13:39 -0000

So we are saying that MC2D does reflection moves and MC3D simple rotation.

What I’m trying to see is if MC4D should have some different type of
movement, not a reflection and not a simple rotation allowed. The same
with MC5D, with moves that cannot be done in MC4D. Because I think
that if we go up in dimensions we mustn’t be able to do the same kind
of movements that we do in a lower dimensional puzzle.

This obviously would make MC4D and MC5D a lot more difficult, but it
is ok if we compare the difficulties between MC2D and MC3D, where the
first can be solved without trying to, I mean, with random moves.

I know that a rubik’s cube was done to be a rotation puzzle, but if we
go up or down in dimensions, I think that we shouldn’t allow (in
higher) or we can’t (in lower) implement the simple rotation around an
axe (one axe).

Also, what I think is that we cannot know the exactly behavior that a
higher dimensional puzzle would have, because we live only in a 3D
space, and we cannot see anything higher than 3D, and cannot imagine a
world in more than 3D, as I think that it cannot be imagined to live
in a 2D world, as a 2D object would be invisible to our eyes. But, us
I said, that is only what I think.