Message #524

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MC4D Upgrades Anyone?
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:42:01 -0700

Noel,

I like the idea of adding a cell/location finder to MC4D. Regarding
adding a timer, that should be trivial to add. There are things that we
want to add as well so I suppose what we need is a public wish list so I
created one just now in the database section of the Yahoo group. It’s
editable by all group members so please add these as well as any other
features you would like to see. I think I have a wish list somewhere but
my computer is busted and I’m waiting for my new one to be delivered so
I’ll look for that later, but maybe that won’t be necessary if everyone
would add their favorite suggestions to the group table.

I tend to only do substantial work on the program in spurts between jobs
so it might be a while before I get back to it. I’m currently working at
Linden Lab on the Second Life virtual 3D world (secondlife.com) which is
really quite amazing. I highly encourage everyone to check it out. The
world is huge and entirely created by the residents themselves. It’s a
big social space and also contains games and other interactive 3D
content. As yet there is no 4D Rubik’s cube in there but it would be a
natural. There is a 4D house in the form of a 4D cube with 8 rooms that
you can walk between in a region called "The Future". My work identity
in there is Coco Linden, so please everyone contact me if you check it out.

-Melinda